Sunday 15 September 2019

Linda and I were lunching, on the boardwalk, at the Bicycle Thief on Saturday when we heard an uproar from the nearby dock - "they're hauling one up!"  

Turns out, the restaurant was next door to the weigh-in station for the "Halifax Nova Scotia International Tuna Tournament" - and they were indeed, "hauling one up!"

A huge, yellowfin tuna!

I'm sure the waitress thought I was skipping out on the bill when I grabbed my camera, hopped over the rope-railing and ran down to the dock!


… this is the first tuna "hauled up" ...



… and an hour or so later, a second boat came in with this tuna ...




I have no idea what either of these tuna weighed, but according to the official weigh-in board, as of Friday, the largest tuna caught so far, weighed in at 362 lbs.


(*a qualifying event for the Offshore World Championship (OWC) billfishing Tournament to be held in April '20 in Costa Rica.)